About Donating Merchandise to the Thrift Store
Your donation of quality new and gently used clothing, fashion accessories, household goods, and furniture to our Restoration Project the Second Hand Treasures thrift store is greatly appreciated. Donated items need to be in good to excellent salable condition. All proceeds from the sale of your donated items help support The Restoration Project Vocational Rehabilitation Program.
Donation Drop Box
Clothing, fashion accessories and smaller items can be dropped off at the donation drop box outside the entrance of the store at any time. Other than clothes in the donation bin, Please do not leave donations after hours
Furniture and Larger Items
Larger items can be dropped off at Restoration Project during store hours. Unfortunately, we must screen furniture donations because of limited retail and storage space. Please call first at 617-489-1000.
Your donation is tax-deductible as a charitable contribution. We will gladly provide you with a receipt when you bring in your donation during business hours.
We Accept the Following Items in Good Condition:
- Men’s and Women’s clothing
- Fashion accessories–shoes, purses, scarves, belts, ties
- Decorations–artwork, mirrors, lamps, vases, bric-a-brac, seasonal
- Kitchenware–tableware, cookware, gadgets
- Small Appliances
- Furniture–as space and projects allow
- Hand tools
- Musical instruments
- Garden items
- Crafting and art supplies
- Fabric, especially upholstering
- Electronics–current and in working order
Sorry, We Cannot Accept:
- Leftover yard sale items
- Toys, other than vintage
- Oversized furniture, entertainment centers
- Baby items–strollers, car seats, cribs, etc.
- Sporting equipment, other than vintage
- Window blinds
- Large appliances
- Mattresses, sleep sofas, futons, bed pillows
Donations are accepted during store hours:
Your donations are greatly appreciated. However, when you leave merchandise that we cannot use, because of its condition or outside our list of acceptable items, we must pay to dispose or recycle them. That raises our expenses and reduces funds available for our programs. If you have questions about an item you want to donate call us at 617 489-1000 or send us an email at [email protected].